In 22 of December of 1982, the Assespro Regional of Paraná to defend the interests of companies in the Information Technology and Communication sector in the state. In the 80 decade, the Industrial City of Curitiba (CIC) was also consolidated, an important event that would generate demand for services and technological solutions. Then, with an environment conducive to development, the information technology activities developed with great success, culminating in the creation of the Software Park of Curitiba and having the Assespro-Paraná as one of the founders. Since then, the Regional activity has been to bring together the IT sector and put Paraná in the spotlight with its professionals and companies in the solution and provision of quality services.
During the decade of the 90 years, Assespro-Paraná worked mainly in the capital Curitiba and metropolitan region, encouraging entrepreneurship in the information technology sector. During his tenure in this decade, he has always defended the business interests of the innovation and technology sector as a promise of the future of a thriving industry in Paraná and Brazil. This expectation materialized with the internet impacting every society at the end of the decade and technology being part of everyone's everyday life since then. As a highlight of the presence of technology in the State, in 1995, the Government of Paraná has launched its website http://www.pr.gov.br - maybe the first representing governments in Brazil (Fonseca, Marques. The Genetic Heritage of ICTs. 2008. pg. 37), whether federal, state or municipal.
From 2007, during the management of President Luís Mário Luchetta and President Mauro Sorgenfrei, the Local Productive Arrangements (APLs) of Technology and Software in the capital and interior of Paraná, supported since its inception by Assespro-Paraná. Along with the APL's, the subsections of the Campos Gerais, Londrina, Maringá, Oeste and Sudoeste were also created, with shares of the entity in the interior of Paraná. At present, the Assespro region of Paraná is the only one in the country divided into subsections, which is a differential of the institution for its representation in all regions of Paraná.
In 2009, as a result of the consolidation of the associative movements in IT in Paraná, the project Curitiba Offshore Center. Curitiba Offshore Center was the result of the internationalization effort promoted by software companies, aimed at increasing export and international expansion. Although this project is currently closed, the internationalization of companies continues to be strongly supported by the Assespro-Paraná, since then, with programs of immersion, events, missions and technical visits in all the continents.
Another highlight in its history was the official recognition of the Assespro-Paraná by a public body. In 2012, in the management of President Sérgio Yamada, the association was contemplated by the City Council of Curitiba with a Declaration of Public Utility through Law # 14.149 - 20.November.2012. Shortly thereafter, in January of 2013, the institution won its first State Title of Public Utility through Law No. 17.498.
In 2016, in the management of President Sandro Molés da Silva and led by the board of Vice President of Political Articulation Adriano Krzyuy, the Assespro-Paraná the creation of the ICT Governance of Paraná the Government of the State of Paraná and Digital Photo Frames with the Legislative Assembly of the State of Paraná, reinforcing its position as, since always, the main entity of technology and innovation of Paraná.
A 2017 / 2018 management Assespro-Paraná consolidated the event Paraná TIC in 2017, held in July in the Itaipu Technology Park in Foz do Iguaçu, among the main IT sector events in Brazil. The Paraná TIC 2017, in its 7ª edition, was the first international event held jointly by Assespro-Paraná and Assespro Federation, with the participation of representatives from Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, USA, Canada and Portugal.
2018 marked the IT sector of Paraná with a series of actions carried out by Assespro-Paraná, led by management 2017 / 2018 by President Adriano Krzyuy, highlighting:
- Launch of the new Assespro-Paraná
- Reserved area on the website of Assespro-Paraná, containing vouchers, events, discounts, promotions, studies, communications among others information only to members
- Events calendar of the IT Sector of Paraná, allowing publication of events throughout the technology and innovation ecosystem of Paraná and Brazil
- Event Paraná TIC repaginated for My Inova Summit
- Monthly production of Insights Report - 2018 ICT Overview, in partnership with the Department of Economics of UFPR-Federal University of Paraná
- Monthly production of Insights Report - Evolution of IT Employment, in partnership with the Department of Economics of UFPR-Federal University of Paraná
- Compilation of Sectorial Studies
- Support to local ecosystems of innovation and technology, highlighting the Pinhão Valley and Paraná IT APL Network
- Sectoral mobilization in Elections 2018, with the proposal of public policies for Paraná and Brazil
- Partnership with European Union in 3 international projects, from the ICT Governance starring Assespro-Paraná: EU-CELAC INNOV-AL Platform, International Program of Urban Cooperation-IUC e Sector Dialogues: European Union and Brazil
- Encouraging internationalization through OBr.global Program
- New partnerships and covenants companies and employees associated with Assespro-Paraná
- Daily publication of Political Bulletin, produced by Assespro's parliamentary advisory service in Brasilia
- Daily publication of news highlights from the IT sector, including summary of the national news as Informative Notes, And international news
- International trainee permanent, in partnership with AIESEC, for the international experience of the entity, aiming at helping the members and internationalization of Assespro-Paraná
- Partnership for market information online (stock market, forex quotes, global market, crypto market)
- Legislative Assembly of the State of Paraná decreed and the governor Cida Borghetti sanctioned the Law # 19.749 at 11.December.2018, once again granting Public Benefit Title for the Assespro-Paraná.
Renewing to the presidency Adriano Krzyuy, in January.2019 the new Board of Directors from Assespro-Paraná took over management 2019/2020. Continuing and increasing the state and national positioning of the Assespro-Paraná, the following initiatives stood out:
- Maintenance of daily site update and from member's exclusive area da Assespro-Paraná, with publication of Political Bulletin (with information from the parliamentary office in Brasilia), IT industry news, summary of national news e international news. Highlight 63.265 unique users who visited the site in 2019, maintaining an average of over 5.000 unique users per month
- Increased visibility of Events calendar Paraná's IT Sector, with weekly event schedule submission via mailing and WhatsApp
- Weekly email communication with members: Mondays “Boletim Informativo”, Tuesdays “Newsletter Boletim Político”, Wednesdays “Communiqué of the President and Board” and Fridays “Calendar of Events”. Business opportunities, partnerships and / or promotions are sent according to the importance and priority for the associated entrepreneurs.
- Event My Inova Summit successfully returned to the capital Curitiba, with high level audience and content
- Maintenance of the monthly publication of Insights Report - ICT Overview (2019 version) e Insights Report - Evolution of IT Employment, in partnership with the Department of Economics of UFPR-Federal University of Paraná. Numerous websites, entities, government and media now use the information generated by Assespro-Paraná and UFPR from 2019
- Successful closure of 3 international projects with the European Union, starting from the ICT Governance starring Assespro-Paraná: EU-CELAC INNOV-AL Platform, International Program of Urban Cooperation-IUC e Sector Dialogues: European Union and Brazil
- Repositioning as Benefits Club partnerships and agreements for companies and associated employees of Assespro-Paraná
- Maintenance of international intern, in partnership with AIESEC, for the entity's international experience, aiming at helping members and internationalizing Assespro-Paraná
- Change of headquarters Assespro-Paraná to the modern and structured building of PUC-PR, maintaining the alignment and partnership of the business community with the academy for technological innovation initiatives.
- Articulation and defense of the interests of members Assespro-Paraná positioning the new governments elected at the federal and state levels, based on the “Manifestos PARANÁ e BRAZIL Connected Digital: Perspectives and Proposals for Future Governors and Parliamentarians ”
- Active participation of the board Assespro-Paraná in the Permanent Commission of Innovation, in the Council of Innovation of the Municipality of Curitiba
- Awareness of Curitiba City to encourage the reduction of ISS to the IT sector to 2,5%, with delivery of “Manifesto for the Competitiveness of Curitiba Information Technology Companies", to Mayor Rafael Greca, Cris Alessi - President of Curitiba Agency and Vitor Puppi Stanislawczuk - Secretary of Finance
- Realization by Assespro-Paraná of "Meeting of Integration of the Technology and Innovation Ecosystem of Paraná“, With support from the Paraná Innovation Superintendence and Paraná Science, Technology and Higher Education Superintendence
In addition to defending the technology and innovation sector vis-à-vis public authorities, Assespro-Paraná has assumed in its history a fundamental role to integrate the market and the academic environment, with a focus on training qualified professionals for the companies. Still, the Assespro-Paraná is part of Assespro Federation, the oldest and most articulated sectoral technology entity, operating since 1976 in Brazil.